For purposes of data protection laws, Heleot Interactive, Inc., located at 87 35th St Suite 2DS1, Brooklyn, NY 11232, is the “data controller” of your information.
You may share personal information when using the Heleot Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the Heleot account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the Heleot Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you broadcast content, participate in a chat room, post profile information, follow a channel, or subscribe to a broadcast channel. Given the social nature of some of the Heleot Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of the Heleot Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who created a particular Clip or the subscription status of users for a given channel. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the Heleot Services.
Personal Information Heleot Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Heleot Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Heleot Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Heleot Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for Heleot Services; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the Heleot Services; enter contests or sweepstakes; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Heleot Services.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the Heleot Services or open one of our emails, we automatically record and store certain information about your system by using cookies and other types of technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are sent to your browser. Examples of such information we automatically collect include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, device and browser types and identifiers, referring and exit page addresses, software and system type, and information about your usage of Heleot Services. Examples of how Heleot uses automatically collected information include to: (a) automatically update the Heleot application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Heleot Services; (c) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (d) monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; (e) monitor and store aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
How Heleot Uses Personal Information
- Heleot uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the Heleot Services; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with Heleot account holders (e.g., Partners, Affiliates), including making or receiving payment; improve your experience with the Heleot Services by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address to communicate with you, including to notify you of major Heleot Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Heleot Services.
- Heleot may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the Heleot Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to your account settings once you have logged in to the Heleot Services or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Heleot will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and Heleot’s legitimate interests.
When Heleot Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- Heleot may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- Heleot also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect Heleot from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the Heleot Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Heleot, our users, or others.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You may decline to share certain information with Heleot, in which case Heleot may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Heleot Services. If you have created a Heleot Services account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page -- for example, www.heleot.com. For requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit Heleot’s use of information that you have provided directly to Heleot, you may contact email@example.com. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Account Closure & Deletion
Third-Party Services and Websites
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through the Heleot Services or otherwise link your Heleot account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the Heleot Services, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you watch or your activities on the Heleot Services to such third parties. For example, we may make information available to app developers, game developers, and game publishers to facilitate purchases and awards of digital goods, such as games and in-game items.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the Heleot Services, such as those of Google Analytics, and its advertising features. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Heleot Services. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) will be collected directly by these service providers to evaluate your use of the Heleot Services. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data from our websites and how you can control the information sent to Google, click here. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here. Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install or start using a new browser, or erase or alter your browser’s cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
Heleot may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the Heleot Services and other Heleot sites, services and software. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. Heleot does not provide information that is intended to identify you personally to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, if you respond to an advertisement that targets a certain audience (for example, males age 20 to 25 who have participated in certain promotions), the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Heleot uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Heleot, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE HELEOT SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Heleot does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 18 years-of-age. If Heleot learns that personal information of persons under 18 has been collected on or through the Heleot Services, Heleot will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 who has become a Heleot Services member, then please contact Heleot at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA, where processing of personal information is based on consent, Heleot will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that Heleot, or some or all assets related to the Heleot Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
Heleot Contact Information